Question & Answer
Questions and Answers on the Khmer Rouge Trials.
- Why has it taken so long to prosecute the crimes of the Khmer Rouge period?
- Why are we going to have a trial now? How will the Khmer Rouge Trials benefit the people of Cambodia?
- Who will be put on trial?
- What punishement will the suspects receive if convicted?
- Will there be amnesties and pardons?
- Have any Khmer Rouge senior leaders been tried before?
- Will the foreign countries that supported the Khmer Rouge or commetted war crimes go on trial?
- What about crimes committed after 1979?
- When will the trials begin?
- How long will the trials take?
- Where will the trials take place?
- Who can go to watch the trials?
- How will the Extraordinary Chambers work?
- If we cannot go to see the trials, how will we know what is happening in the court?
- How will the judges be appointed?