Thursday, November 10, 2005

Searching for Missing Family Members

Missing Brothers

I am Thaong Sovann Phalla. My father was Thaong Pau and my mother Sam Sarith. I have three siblings: my eldest brother (I do not remember his name), my second-eldest brother named Peou, and my younger sister named Thaong Sovann Phalla.

I would like to search for my two older brothers who disappeared during the Khmer Rouge regime. Before 1970, my family lived in the vicinity of Tuol Kork in Phnom Penh. In 1970, we moved to Memai village in Kampong Cham province. My eldest brother worked in Phnom Penh.

In 1975, the Khmer Rouge evacuated my family to Khla Kaon village, bordering Sdao village in Chamkar Leu district. After we lived there for three months, my parents and younger sister died of malaria. Later, my second brother and I were separated when I was evacuated to another village

If my brothers themselves or others have information with respect to the two names above, please contact me at: Tha-naot Chum Village, Sambour Sub-district, Traing District, Takeo Province, or via telephone: 012 527 239.

Missing Brother

I am Kou Ban aka Pich Sovann, age 46. My homeland is Tuol Samraong village, Kraing Skie sub-district, Tik Phoh district, Kampong Chhnang province. Today I live in Pat Lang village, Kraing Liev sub-district, Ro-lie B’ier district, Kampong Chhang province.

I would like to search for my brother whose name is Mich Moeun aka Mich Ban. He was born in Tuol Samraong village. Mich Moeun and I have been separated since the Khmer Rouge evacuated people. My brother was about 25 years old then; he was born in 1951. Before the Khmer Rouge regime, he was the head of monks in Trapeang Ma-lou.

In 2004, I was informed twice that my brother is now living in Paris, France. I heard that he has married and changed his name from Mich Moeun to Mich Samraong. I also heard that my brother and his wife are doctors.

If my brother himself or anybody else has heard about this, please contact the Documentation Center of Cambodia via phone: 023 211 875, or Fax: 023 211 875. Thank you.

Missing Brother

My name is Lim Lok, age 53. Today I live in Kandach village, Chong Ampil sub-district, Kanhchreach district, Prey Veng province. I would like to search for my younger brother named Lim Long (born in the year of the horse) who joined the Khmer Rouge revolution when he was 18 or 19. Before serving in the revolution, Long was in the sub-district-level army. A month after the Khmer Rouge took control over the country, he was in an army uniform and visited home once. He disappeared after that.

If my younger brother or another person has heard about this, please contact us through Nuy Dany via telephone: 012 180 26 58 or the Documentation Center of Cambodia. Thank you.

Missing Son

I am Mom Nan, age 73, and my husband was Nuy Srun (died in 1982). Today I live in Kandach village, Chong Ampil sub-district, KanhChreach district, Prey Veng province. I would like to search for my son Srun Map who joined the revolution in 1973. Around June or July 1976, Map visited home once after he had been injured and sent to P-2 hospital for several months.

I had not received any information about him until 1979, when a relative named Khuth Khuon, who worked for the revolution with Map, told me that Map was imprisoned at Chy Mountain in 1978, then was sent to the Dang Rek Mountains. I have not heard anything about Map since then.

If Map himself or anybody else has heard anything, please inform me through Nuy Dany via telephone: 012 180 26 52. Thank you.

Missing Daughter

I am Chan Siem, age 57; I live in Chy Chrap village, Sanlong sub-district, Traing district, Takeo province. I would like to search for my daughter Ouch Savoeun aka Yoeun, who carried wounded persons in a women’s unit at Angkao Pagoda, Angkao sub-district, Traing district, Takeo province.

In 1976, Yoeun sent a letter saying that she was living in Bakan district, Pursat province. I sent my son to search for her, but he failed to find her. I have not heard anything about her since then. Now Yoeun would be about 40.

If Yoeun herself or anybody has heard anything about her, please contact the Documentation Center of Cambodia.

Missing Brother

I, Phan Phong, am now age 65, and my husband’s name is Chiev Tith. We live in Chong Koh Thmei village, Koh Thom sub-district, Koh Thom district, Kandal province. I would like to search for my younger brother named Phann Nhanh who was appointed to be a Khmer Rouge soldier in 1976 by Tith, the village chief of Chong Koh Thmei. I have not heard from him since he left for the revolution.

In 1990, a soldier living in Chong Koh Thmei told me that he had worked with Nhanh from 1976 to 1979, and he once met Nhanh at Anlong Veng Mountain.

If my brother or anyone else has any information about Phann Nhanh, please contact me through the above-mentioned address or the Documentation Center of Cambodia. Thank you.

Missing Brother and Sister

I am Khek An, 48. Today I live in Balaing village, Balaing sub-district, Baray district, Kampong Thom province.

I would like to search for my older brother named Chroeng Soeur and my older sister named Chroeng Suor. They both disappeared in 1979. In late 1978, Soeur sent a letter to inform his family that he was a soldier in a division in Memuth district. Suor was also separated from us in 1979. Someone said they met her while they hiked up Mondulkiri Mountain.

If my siblings or anybody else knows the two people mentioned above, please contact the Documentation Center of Cambodia. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home